2011年10月2日日曜日

tip of toe exhibition (English)



My second exhibition titled "tip of toe" has just started from yesterday Oct 1
at hive cafe in Iidabashi, Tokyo. The exhibition will last until the end of this month. 


hive cafe @iidabashi
http://www.hivecafe.jp/ 




 On the 29th, a closing party will take place from 19pm till 23pm.
The charge will be 2000 yen. Since this is a cafe/ restaurant, great food will be served. 
 I am asking the guests to also dress up as anything you want.
 Halloween is just around the corner:)




 About the theme " tip of toe ", it actually took a while to come up with it. 
The theme of my previous exhibition last year at hatos bar http://hatosbar.com/ with haruna was "nest". 
Although what it originally meant was a place where you feel comfortable and safe but my perception of the theme was somewhat leaning toward flying out of it. 
And there was a massage that things will be okay even if you fly out of your comfort zone, even if you go "off the track"
The painting "oops" depicts a girl falling out of a golden swing. And 3 little somewhat comical paintings follow to tell that she will be fine anywhere she falls. The series were painted for the previous exhibition, however, I have decided to show them at this one as well.

.

Anyhow, "tip of toe " captures the moment just a second before she lands on the ground.
Where she is about to land is just a tiny bit away from her toe.


The message,  hakuna Matata, stays the same, however, compared to last year,
I feel I am much closer to the ground. I feel what I am trying to reach is just a few centimeters away.
My search still continues, since I am still off the ground, but especially after 311, things are clearer.


If you are interested, please come and see my works and share your thoughts and passion.


Cheers!




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿